OY! I just shipped off my prints for the Guggenheim Fellowship application. Let me tell you, applying for a grant is not that great for me. The Guggenheim was especially difficult because they want photographers to submit actual prints...that's hard for me for a few reasons. First, I show my photos as part of a larger installation, e.g. I-95 or the slideshows. Second, I show the photos in a variety of ways...color photocopies, ink-jet prints, projections, web. Anyway, as usual I was fucking nuts about "what should I send, what should I send?" until today when I just sent off 20 photos (and a cd of the 2006 slideshows, which wasn't requested, but seemed right)
Here's what I ended up sending
1. Detail I-95 (Camden Crack) 2005
2. Detail I-95 (Victoria’s Hysterectomy Scar) 2004
3. Detail I-95 (West Philly Mattress) 2004
4. Detail I-95 (Camden Mattresses) 2002
5. Detail I-95 (Daddy Tattoo) 2004
6. Detail I-95 (Monique Showing Black Eye) 2006
7. Detail I-95 (Man Nude on Bed) 2005
8. Detail I-95 (Mom Were OK) 2005
9. Detail I-95 (Alzheimer’s) 2003
10. Detail I-95 (Marines Billboard) 2004
11. Detail I-95 (Everything) 2005
12. Detail I-95 (Mattress Flip) 2002
13. Detail I-95 (Let’s Roll) 2004
14. Detail I-95 (McDonald’s) 2005
15. Detail I-95 (Man’s Back) 2004
16. Detail I-95 (Bulletholes) 2004
17. Detail I-95 (You Can Feel Good About) 2005
18. Detail I-95 (TV on Second Floor) 2005
19. Detail I-95 (Nina) 2002
20. Detail I-95 (Giant Mouth Pleasures) 2005
If I was the Guggenheim - I would give you the grant. Good Luck! Carole
damn, that's a beautiful edit zoe. i don't believe in luck, but....good luck..
Those are awesome. What do you want to do with your Guggenheim?
Good luck, tiger.
Thanks everyone! If I get the Guggenheim I won't have to sell the studio for another year!
Great selection Zoe. I really like that you have included the matress detail, it gives this selection another dimention.
Like I often say; good luck! :)
good luck! these look great. i especially like the "you can feel good about" one.
Post a Comment