Monday, June 18, 2012

Excerpts from a Letter to the President from Zoe Strauss


"The idea I could be invited to the White House for a LGBTQ event, in my lifetime, is something I could have never imagined.  Thank you." 

---

"While I am thrilled about your support for marriage equality, I am hoping you will work to make marriage equality a reality by federal legalization and support of same-sex marriage. " 

---- 

"...Please get that DREAM Act through. 




----

"... I would suggest reinstating Glass-Steagall as a start."

---- 

"America should rethink the current structure of capitalism as the basis of the US economic foundation.  I am looking forward to a when there’s truly economic and human rights for all, globally. "

----


"And from my friend Sally, who helped me with the words above, 'Single payer national health insurance for all.'  I totally agree with her. "





No comments: