Thursday, June 09, 2011

The Last 2 Days.

I saw Mike Macfeat outside Philly Dream Store. Let me tell you, I love Mike Macfeat. Truly one of Philadelphia's finest.
philly dream shop_5905 web

I saw my man Nick Smuk, who was headed to the river to watch the fire burning in Camden. Nick, we're birds of a feather, my friend.

camden fire_5964 web

I saw my friend Stephen Millner, who has a beautiful photo up at Dirty Franks.


Coming home, I saw Rita and Russell who told me they were at a funeral with no air. Seriously folks, can't you help the living with some cold comfort?

A neighbor up the block has pet mice he's keeping in a kiddie pool outside, while he drinks until blackout. This information first came to me via Alison Feldish and then I told Rita and Russell and Rita said he had one running up his arm and had to leave right away she was so grossed out. If mice as pets will keep him from getting so drunk and almost burning down his house by leaving something on the stove and passing out, then I say ok.

Lynn Bloom texted me that during the rain delay at the Phillies, they played Rain Delay.




I taught a class in Madrid in September 2009 and now the blog for that class is active again, with folks sharing photos of the Spanish Uprising. My love to all you guys. Hola. Como Estas?

Allan Sekula asked if I could teach a semester at CalArts, which didn't jibe with my schedule for the PMA show, but I'd love to do it if it's available for a later semester.

Mark Bradford has a show up at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago. I love Mark and I love his work. Check it out.

I'm filled with love and joy. And I'm working my ass off on this PMA show. Back to work.


"To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness.
What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction.
And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory."

- Howard Zinn

1 comment:

bisquette and buchanan said...

I went to see the Mark Bradford show at the ICA in Boston...it was silencing in its impact. I love his work.

Thank you for seeing the beauty, Zoe. I love your site.