Monday, April 25, 2011

The Past As Future By Michael Macfeat

Thanks to my friend, Mr. Macfeat, for writing this beautiful piece about I-95. I'm really honored by his words. I love him and I love his work and I love his writing. So there you go.


And I'm simultaneously super pissed off because he's so lucid and such a good writer and as of right now I have worked on the 3 sentences below for about 15 to 20 hours.

" I-95 was an epic narrative about the beauty and struggle of everyday life, comprised of 231 photographs adhered to the concrete support pillars under Interstate 95, an elevated highway that runs through South Philadelphia. The installation went up once a year, from 1PM to 4PM, on the first Sunday in May. I worked on 95 for a decade, from 2000 to 2010."

1 comment:

History will absolve Mike said...

Zoe, I have never been called lucid before, ever.
Thank you, of course, but it is a minority opinion, I assure you.
Bat-shit crazy, yes, I get that a lot but never have I been accused of being lucid.
What I wrote in the essay is both sincere and correct, however.
I have a terrible habit of telling the truth in writing.