Monday, January 31, 2011

I loved The King's Speech but I'm so tired of movies that make me like the British royal family. Those people are thieves and murderers. For CENTURIES! So stop trying to make me feel bad about their "obligations."

I mean, first Helen Mirren makes me like Queen Elizabeth and now Colin Firth make me like George the 6th?
My GOD! Britannia! Stop your PR machine!


Harry said...

You could always read this Christopher Hitchens article as an antidote:

ZS said...

Thanks for linking to that Hitchens article, Harry.

I swear to god if a film is made about the blackshirt Edward the 8th and he's sympathetic and likeable, I'm going on a killing spree.

Although I would be up for a "Edward and Wallace" romantic comedy starring Mel Gibson as Edward. I'm not sure who would play Wallace Simpson or Hitler, though.