Monday, October 18, 2010

I don't own a lot of art besides the "Rabbi on Black Velvet" from my grandparent's house, but I do own art by two of my favorite artists ever.

1. Liz Bonaventura. I am the proud owner of several of her early works, including "Trap Lady" and "Three Dancers."

2. Michael A. Macfeat. I am the proud owner of a "Concealed Weapon" and more recently, "Sluggo on Labrynths" from the "Sluggo Agonistes" series.


"Sluggo on Labrynths" by Michael Macfeat from the 2008 "Sluggo Agonistes" series.

I love Macfeat's work and he has a whole spectrum of great ideas, images and objects. But the Sluggo series, and "Sluggo on Labrynths" particularly, is transcendental to me. I am just blown away by it.

Sluggo Agonistes.


Thanks to my dagger Lizzy and my man Macfeat for helping a sister out with great beauty in my life.

2 comments:

History will absolve Mike said...

Thank you for your kind words.
I think of you daily because multiple examples of your work have a prominent place in my home.

I also want to tell you how uplifting it is to see your frequent tributes to Lynn. It always brings a smile to my face to see you express your love and devotion that way. In a world that often seems temporary and transitory and disposable, you two are an inspiration.

ZS said...

Well, you know my feelings for you Macfeat. And as for Lynn Bloom, every single day I could write a long speech about how great she is. This blog is mostly about my work and my work is my real life too, there's no concrete divide, and none of it would be possible without LB. She supports me finanically and emotionally, often in ways that seem superhuman. And that's not an exaggeration. I'm a pretty good wife but I'm also as self-centered as any artist who's in their own head a lot of the time.

Possibly the most remarkable thing about our relationship is how we've been able to move from young adults into middle age and still be head over heels in love. I know others have that, but I often think that no one has it like us and I never take it for granted.