Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Works For Columbus

From May to August, I'm having a piece up at the Wexner Center for the Arts in Ohio. I'm super into this for a few reasons: 1. I love the Wexner people. 2. Mark Bradford is having a major show there at the same time.

I'm really proud that this piece will be up when the Mark Bradford exhibit is happening, because I'm a huge Mark Bradford fan. His work blows me away and I consider him one of the greatest American artists working today.

Mark Bradford lives and works in Los Angeles and was selected last fall for one of this year's "genius grants" from the MacArthur Foundation. Best known for his dazzling large-scale abstract collages, Bradford (b. 1961) is engaged in an incisive, ongoing examination of the class-, race-, and gender-based economies that structure urban society in the United States.


ruben said...

This is great Zoe!
Mark Bradford rocks!

ZS said...

Thanks, Ruben!