Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm thinking about an I-95 portrait fundraiser, a seated posed portrait in front of a backdrop, at my studio, taken with some of the last of polaroid 600 film, for 25 bucks a pop. I have only run this by my lady and she thinks 25 dollars is a little steep for a polaroid, but I think it's a fair price, considering how much the film cost me on ebay. And considering it's the end of the line for this ubiquitous and democratic film.

So that's what I'm leaning toward, 25 dollar per photo.

Here's the backgrounds I'm thinking of...

46 paula's-union-hall.jpg

58 photo mural fire alarm 8.jpg

and you can choose one of two for your portrait background.

I've got 50 polaroids. Get ready to get in on it!. Dates and times tba.


cosmo in chair2 web.jpg
My Brother's Wedding
Polaroid 600 Film

lb and walker web.jpg
LB and Walker
Polaroid 600 Film

Woman's Chest
Polaroid 600 Film

chanel eye patch web.jpg
Chanel Eye Patch
Polaroid 600 Film

desperation with paula and liz
Paula and Liz
Polaroid 600 Film

the worthless dollar
"The Worthless Dollar"
Polaroid 600 Film

alkim and zs_8512 web
Alkim Tuna and Zoe Strauss
Polaroid 600 Film
Photo Booth at SpacePort


kyle said...

wish I was nearby so I could get my portrait. i'm a huge fan of your work. I think it's an awesome idea. I just started taking photos seriously a couple of years ago, and I love working with polaroid 600. last halloween i tried to sell portraits on the street corner for $5 a pop, and I only had one taker. i've posted several of my polaroids over at my blog,

I would love to know what you think--i totally respect and love your work!

Christopher Paquette said...

ruben said...

Ok When this is happening?
Am getting my ass in a bus to Philly!
Girl say when, perfect excuse to get out of town.
Big love,

ZS said...

Well then, it's on! I'm making a schedule this next week and will put it up here. I'll save one for Ruben and one for Chris.

roberta said...

Hi Zoe, me too! Me too! It's a great idea and I'd love to get on the schedule.