Tuesday, February 02, 2010

America Now at Montserrat Gallery

America Now
February 5 – April 10, 2010
Reception: Thurs. Feb. 4, 6-8 pm
Contemporary Cocktail: Fri. Feb. 5, 7-9 pm.

Montserrat Gallery
23 Essex Street
Beverly, MA 01915

America Now presents a selective visual commentary on regional identity within the context of the increased globalization of culture. America is seen through the eyes of six American photographers: Daniel Cheek, Ben Huff, Shane Lavalette, Laura McPhee, Alec Soth and Zoe Strauss, with work based in five regions of the US, including Alaska, the West, the Mid-West, the Northeast and the Southeast. Each artist conveys a specific sense of place in the form of a photo essay.


Thanks to Leonie and Shana and all the fine folks at Montserrat College of Art for having me up here. I'm putting up a pushpin installation. This is a great show and I'm excited to be a part of it.

My man Ben Huff is in it! And everyone knows I love Ben Huff. And my man Alec Soth is in it, and everyone knows I love Alec Soth. This show is filled with people I think are awesome!

No comments: