Sunday, December 13, 2009

South Philadelphia Holiday Recommendations

Holiday Lights

2700 block S Smedley St.
Difficult to find... enter from Moyamensing


1600 block S 13th St.


Christmas Decorations

Kindy's Christmas Outlet
2900 South 20th St
Yes, it's owned by Jews, the Kinderman family.



Tony Luke's




Christopher Paquette said...

I have only eaten a Geno's steak once in my entire life... last summer with some out of town guests and we bought a Geno's and a Pat's and ate them side by side to compare. ( Pat's was the winner)

I know Pat's has it's haters who say there are way better places to get a cheesesteak, but I love it's gritty and old school charm, and it has been my go to place for 30+ years... old habits die hard.

The sign at Geno's demanding that customers speak English was the nail in the coffin for me in deciding to never patronize the place.

Love you Zoe!

ZS said...

I am in complete agreement with you regarding your reasoning behind cheesesteak choices.

Love you Chris!

stefan said...

I have my show "It's a Wonderful Life" up at Vox Populi, not quite South Philly, but all about Christmas in Philly.

ZS said...

Stefan, I can't wait to see it. And also, Happy Hanukkah!