Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Bio Torture

One of my worst things is writing about myself in a formal manner. I absofuckinglutely hate it.

Here's the bio I just wrote for something coming up in Spain...

Zoe Strauss is an installation artist and photographer living and working in Philadelphia, PA. For the last 9 years she has been working on “I-95,” a 10 year long project that culminates in a one-day, annual exhibition of photographs under interstate 95 in South Philadelphia. She has exhibited in the 2006 Whitney Biennial, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and had 2 solo shows at Bruce Silverstein Gallery. Her first monograph, America, was published in 2008.

Zoe Strauss is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Public Art Project.


Here's the bio I would like to have...

Zoe Strauss is an installation artist from Philadelphia, PA.


Here's the bio I would really like to have...

Dudes, check out my work.


Here's the bio that's the most accurate.

Zoe Strauss is a lady from South Philly.

Need help with this bullshit? Try ICC Arts & Communications


ruben said...

I will add...
''Zoe Strauss is a true force of nature from Philadelphia PA. USA and her photos with in your face quality will knock you off your feet and make you feel for others''

ZS said...

Ruben, I might start using that! For real!

Michelle Del Guercio said...

Zoe Strauss' images speak the truth.