Sunday, March 22, 2009

Week Long Residency in Santa Barbara

I am pleased to be headed back to Santa Barbara for a residency at the University of California, Santa Barbara. UCSB is the alma mater of my sister-in-law, Sydney Peck, Esq. And UCSB is the current school of Mr. Alex Peck, my sister-in-law's brother. Quality.

Here's some of the things I'm going to be doing out there...

Thursday, April 2:

First Thursday Projection
Time and Place TBA

Tuesday, April 7:

5:00-6:15pm Lecture by me at
University of California, Santa Barbara
at Fine Arts Symposium
1610 Broida Hall.

After that, from 8:00pm - 8:30pm Works In Progress Slide Shows
Location: Isla Vista Theatre II
in Isla Vista, CA


I'm going to be working with Youth CineMedia , which I think will be the absolute highlight of my visit.

And I'm doing a project where identical photos are placed in 2 homes; the home of a person who employs a housekeeper, and in the home of the housekeeper who works in the aforementioned home. It's a much more difficult project than I had anticipated and caused at least one person to say he couldn't "go there", it was too uncomfortable for him with transgressing a unseen social boundary. I am grateful for his honesty in why he wasn't interested in participating.

factory santa barbara_3885 web

rodeo stands and oil wells_3656 web

Looking forward to seeing Liz Kuball, Shelly Lowenkopf, Elyse and Emilo.


Shelly Lowenkopf said...

You got it,Zoe. Good to have you back.


Matt Mason said...

Hey Zoe -
While you are in town, check out the latest and greatest news on - your source for Santa Barbara Local News, Family, Activity, Schools, and we even have our own blog!

Check it out - and don't forget to sign up for the newsletter!

Matt Mason
Founder - Planet Santa Barbara