Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yes! Audit Is Done and I Don't Owe the IRS Nothing!

With many, many thanks to my awesome Hawaiian shirt wearing accountant, Bob Downey, of Miller Downey Spevak Kaffenberger. And thanks to Paul Dickman for hooking me up with him!

Who the hell gets audited TWICE in their life? Within 2 years? Wall Street bankers gave themselves nearly $20 billion in bonuses as the economy was beginning to tank. 20 billion dollars. I think the IRS might want to look at people other than me.


Anonymous said...

The IRS wants to audit the "little" people, b/c they are the ones who have to pay the entire amount. Every day there are commercials for attorneys who get the IRS to reduce penalties for the fatcats. "I owed 50K and joe blow got me pennies on the dollar." I was audited.... my friends were audited.... my sister was audited... we all owe... grrrrr

zs said...

It's actually criminal. And the amount of bullshit that you have to go through because of the audit, all the anxiety surrounding money, it's unbelievable.

I'm going to file as Zoe "Halliburton" Strauss in the future.