Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm thinking a lot, and recording a lot, but not producing a ton of work. I am fascinated with the lack of sunlight and it's effects on my daily schedule. Everything here is very considered in winter. And personal energy seems to be conserved in a lot of folks, myself included. One thing is certain; the way the world works here is not compatible with my kind of shooting, which involves a certain amount of spontaneity. It's impossible to not think about what it means to have the environment dictate the structure of the day in a way I've never really had before. There's no way to have my kind of usual meandering around with such a limited amount of daylight. I've been shooting with a tripod and a shutter release, which has been great even if no photos come of it. Often frustrating, but very valuable.

No comments: