Sunday, January 18, 2009

god damn it!_3119 web
I was not happy to see this. While these guys were perfectly nice and everything, I would have preferred to see this Cardinals fan sitting quietly in his seat.

wings at peanut farm_3073 web

Because I am up here in Alaska, I had to go to a bar to watch the Eagles game, which was a sad, sad game but delicious wings.

At this bar I met a bush pilot who offered to fly me to spots and hook me up with buddy passes to hop on standby if he wasn't flying. Many thanks to Pat and Mary for that generous offer, I'm taking you up on it!

steves_3163 web

In the 3rd quarter, I couldn't take it any more and had to leave but then Kellie called to let me know that the Eagles had scored and I ran into another bar, Steve's Sports Bar, to see the end of the game.

During the last couple of minutes a guy in full Steelers regalia came over and held open a Crown Royal bag for me to take something out of... no discussion, just opened the bag. I saw that 2 or 3 people on the other side of the room had taken a marble or something out of the bag so I put my hand in and pulled out a small wooden ball with "3" written on it. Thank God this didn't turn out to be Shirley Jackson Lottery-like, it was the numbering for a football pool something, but it was still a little nuts. Also a little nuts... that Crown Royal bags always indicate that there's something important in them. Why is that?

crown royal bag_3191 web

No comments: