Monday, December 01, 2008

Silicon Printing

I'm really long overdue in a shout-out to Silicon, my printer of choice.

Here's to Kaitlin, Steven and Rick!

Several people have asked me where the prints were made, and here's the answer... Silicon!

The prints are a collaborative effort, I actually go and work at Silicon when I'm printing a show. It's not necessary for me to be there as they are consummate pros, but I must control everything all the time. I must control!

Silicon is a printer that truly works with the artist and their printing know how is invaluable. They are gracious enough to work with my somewhat demanding printing needs, which requires proof after proof due as I make nearly imperceptible changes. For the prints up right now at Bruce Silverstein Gallery, Rick made a printing profile that was just great. The right depth and saturation for not particularly hi-res files is really difficult to get right and he nailed it. Kaitlin does the actual printing and oversees the final prints and Steven does the mounting onto museum board. And I love Kaitlin and Steven!

Yes, yes, yes for Silicon.

No comments: