Monday, September 29, 2008

Whoa!

Looks like we're all in a lot of trouble. That free market capitalism ain't working out too great right now.

Worthless Money!



----

Banks Fail!



"It's our view that regulators are expecting 100 to 200 banks to fail" over the next 12 to 24 months, says Jaret Seiberg, a research analyst for the Stanford Group.

(as an aside, I really like the "But I have more than $100,000 in my bank account. Will it be protected?" question in that article. However, I was hoping for an answer to my banking needs, "But I have about $100 in my bank account. Will it be protected?")

-----

Stocks Plummet!



-----





"Hello? Hello? Is Ken in? When? A natural death? Only 64? Yes, that is quite a shock!"

-----

Bailout Package Fails As Dow Plunges


"...Chief McCain strategist Steve Schmidt said yesterday on Meet the Press, 'What Senator McCain was able to do was to help bring all of the parties to the table, including the House Republicans, whose votes were needed to pass this.' And this morning, McCain backer Mitt Romney told NBC that 'this bill would not have been agreed to had it not been for John McCain....this is a bipartisan accomplishment, a bipartisan success. And if people want to get something done in Washington, they just watch John McCain.'

Instead, members of McCain's own party voted 133 to 65 against the measure. Democrats, on the other hand, voted 140 to 95 for the bill..."

If people want to get something done in Washington, they just watch John McCain! And then they go shoot wolves from a plane!


-----


quick cash pawn fist dollars 7-1web copy



-----



You know what? Fuck it, it's not really the apocalypse, it just feels like it. A horrible hangover makes you feel like you're dying, but you're not. You just have a hangover. Of course you could get alcohol poisoning and die. Then when Putin rears his head and flies over Alaska... wait, I'm mixing metaphors here.

I'm having brisket tonight with my family and ringing in the new year. And I am dead serious when I say that I look forward with optimism.
-----

Free Falling
by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

She's a good girl, loves her mama
Loves jesus and america too
She's a good girl, crazy 'bout elvis
Loves horses and her boyfriend too

It's a long day, living in reseda
There's a freeway running through the yard
And I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't even miss her
I'm a bad boy, for breaking her heart

Chorus:
And I'm free - free falling
Yeah I'm free - free falling

All the vampires walking through the valley
Move west down ventura boulevard
And all the bad boys are standing in the shadows
All the good girls are home with broken hearts

Chorus:
And I'm free - free falling
Yeah I'm free - free falling

I wanna glide down over mulholland
I wanna write her name in the sky
I wanna free fall out into nothing
Gonna leave this place for a while

Chorus:
And I'm free - free falling
Yeah I'm free - free falling

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If down is up... and black is white... if I have negative money in the bank - can I get cash for that?

zs said...

That's what I'm hoping!